European Labor Institute
The European Labour Institute (ELI) was established in 2012. Its team is composed of architects, civil and HVAC engineers, IT specialists, ecologists with strong professional background. The main activities are research, know-how and technology transfer, project development and implementation, consultancies and training in the field of RES and energy efficiency.
ELI is a member of ManagEnergy and INFORSE professionals networks. The Institute works in collaboration with the Bulgarian Chambers of commerce, municipalities, the Bulgarian Academy of Science, the Association of the architects and the civil engineers in Bulgaria, the Bulgarian Household Association, the Agency for sustainable energy development, the Universities for civil engineering and architecture, the Ministry for regional development etc.
An excerpt from recent national and international projects with the participation of ELI:
- EESI 2020 - The European Energy Service Initiative towards the EU 2020 energy saving targets is a project addressing the EU 20% energy saving objective by a significantly broader use of Energy Performance Contracting (EnPC), funded under the Intelligent Energy Europe Program 2012 and implemented by a consortium of 9 EU partners www.eesi2020.eu
- MILD HOME (My modular, Intelligent, Low cost, Do it yourself, Nearly Zero Energy Houses for our Eco Green Village) - South East Europe Transnational Program 2012 with 8 EU partners, Municipality of Sofia and the Bulgarian Chamber of commerce and Industry www.mildhome.eu
- Intelligent energy in school buildings - European Economic Area program
- RESCUE – Action plan for stimulating research and innovation in renewable energy field for SMEs from Central and Eastern Europe, funded under FP6 and implemented by a consortium of 10 EU partners
- REE_TROFIT - Development of an European model for vocational training of building professionals for energy efficient retrofitting of buildings, under the Intelligent Energy Program 2010, implemented by a consortium of 6 EU partners www.reetrofit.eu
- BioEnergy Complex’s establishment - a pilot project for bioenergy generation, stimulating technology and innovation transfer (Bulgarian Municipalities Association)
- Pilot biogas plant - Innovation Norway program in partnership with a Norway foundation
- Eco-houses for old people - Transnational cross-border program with Romania
Our partnership dates from the beginning of the EESI 2020 project in 2013. The partnership with Publicon is very efficient and constructive - we organized and will organize common information and training events in order to reach as many energy stakeholders as possible and transfer the EnPC know-how and the EU initiatives on the energy services market to a larger public. Together, we created national Database for EnPC consultants available to the public authorities when identifying and implementing EnPC projects.