Austrian Development Agency
Together with partner countries, public agencies, civil-society organisations and the business community, ADA works for a sustainable development in Africa, Asia, South-Eastern and Eastern Europe and in the Caribbean.
ADA is primarily engaged in sectors where Austria has proven know-how and long-standing experience such as in water supply and sanitation, renewable energies, climate protection, agriculture and forestry, private sector and development as well as human security, human rights and rule of law.
ADA activities include:
- Preparation, support and administration of programmes, projects and measures in Austrian Development Cooperation
- Strategic cooperation with other donors and role of ADA as implementing partner for development cooperation projects and programmes
- Provision of specialist expertise for general and thematic development policy and cooperation issues
- Promotion and implementation of measures in development communication and education
- Participation in policy dialogue and representation of Austrian Development Cooperation in partner countries and in international and regional organisations
Absatz über die Zusammenarbeit